I received a nomination for the Liebster Award the other day from Liz at My Life In Projects. Never heard of the Liebster Award? Me neither. But I’m not one to turn down something like this. I immediately went to Liz’s blog (which I recommend visiting for tons of other reasons) to learn more. Liebster is apparently a German word meaning endearing, valued, loved. Google Translator says it means “dearest” and my cousin (fluent in German) said it is one of many words for “sweetheart”. That explains the heart and Cupid’s arrow in the logo. And those are all in the same little family of “love” if you ask me.
So somebody LOVES my blog!?! Woo. Sometimes I wonder. In all honesty, I started this blog to catalog all of my half-baked ideas, attempts at pinterest projects and share my love for creating. I’m flattered anyone reads and its become such a fantastic place for me to share. So thanks for stopping by, subscribing, reading and commenting. It really does mean the world to me.
The rules for the Liebster Award are as follows:
1. Each blogger should post 11 random facts about
2. Answer the questions the tagger has set for you, and then
create 11 new questions for the bloggers you pass the award to.
3. Choose 11 new bloggers (with less than 200 followers) to pass the award to and link them in your post.
4. Go back to their page and tell them about the award.
5. No tag backs.
11 Random Facts about myself:
1. I jumped in the ocean in my wedding dress immediately following our beach wedding. And it was awesome!
2. I once broke a glass table top with a golf club. Total accident and a very long story.
3. When I was pregnant I craved Ovaltine.
4. I’m secretly addicted to geocaching.
5. In high school I was blonde. Reese Witherspoon blonde. And nobody stopped me.
6. I’m a vegetarian but the smell of a Big Mac is super tempting… even though I’ve never had one.
7. I’ve never seen any of the Star Wars movies. My husband is hanging his head in shame right now.
8. Trash reality tv is my favorite kind of tv. Kardashians, Housewives, Pete Rose, Guilianna and Bill, Bethany, Shahs … all of ’em.
9. I can put ketchup on just about anything.
10. I watch Tom & Jerry almost daily and I’ve seen most of the episodes multiple times.
11. I’ve been trying to break my nose since I was 9. I’ve never liked it and I will be getting a rhinoplasty one day.
And the Questions My Life in Projects wrote for me:
1. What magazines, if any, do you subscribe to?
Real Simple – it’s my bible. And Parents magazine… for work and home.
2. What made you decide to start a blog?
I was always doing little projects or trying a new recipe and I wanted to share my creations.
3. When you aren’t blogging, what’s your favorite thing to do?
Bead, go to the coffee shop or park with Hubby and O, take pictures.
4. What’s your favorite room in your home?
Our family room. Its tv-less, calm and inviting. People always comment on that. My sister always says she wants to curl up with a good book in there and I agree.
5. Where is the one place you’d love to travel?
Greece. It looks so majestic.
6. What blog inspires you the most?
Probably Young House Love. I just can’t get enough.
7. When you go shopping for yourself, what’s the first thing you buy?
I rarely go shopping for myself. Ha ha. But when I do I often go for things that make me feel good: a good book, bath stuff, candles, beauty products, jewelry, purses.
8. What’s your favorite t.v. show?
New Girl. Hands down. I laugh out loud at every episode and my abs hurt from laughing the next day. Close second: How I Met Your Mother.
9. If/when you go to Target, what area of the store do you spend the most time?
In the home area… I daydream up new ideas, gawk at throw pillows I don’t need, soap dishes, curtains and closet organizers I wish I had.
10. What is the best book you have read?
Running with Scissors by Augusten Burroughs
11. What is one food you could eat every day?
Like Liz, I had a hard time getting to 11. I read tons of blogs but many are popular therefore breaking the 200 follower rule. But I have love for smaller blogs too. Some are even fellow Cincinnatians (WOOT WOOT) others are across the world. At any rate, I am sharing 9 fantastic blogs. Please check them out and give them some blog love.
The Blogs I nominate for the Liebster Award are:
And 11 questions for those 11 are:
1. If someone wrote a book or movie about your life what would it be titled?
2. What is one thing on your bucket list that you haven’t done?
3. What is your most embarrassing moment?
4. What is your goal as a blogger?
5. As a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up? How did it work out?
6. What is your favorite place in your hometown?
7. What do you like on your pizza?
8. Who inspires you and why?
9. Toilet paper: over or under? I just need to know.
10. What is the best gift you’ve ever received?
11. What advice would you give to the 15 year old you?
Ok bloggie friends, have at it!