I’m in the process of writing a post about my thrift finds from last weekend… Including a ¢99 nightstand. But I’m also gearing up for a trip to the World’s Largest Garage Sale. No lie. I’m just beginning to dabble in thrifting and garage saling – Remember, I only recently set foot in a thrift store for the first time for the Macklemore Thrift Shop Challenge. And I’m an addict already.
I mean, look at all the fun I’m having jumping on furniture. I’d so get kicked out of Macy’s for that.
I’m going with my friends Erika and Molly. Erika and I have been friends since 8th grade. A true friend sticks with you through those awkward teen years. Her style is classic and bright. So is she. We wear the same dress and shoe sizes and we envy each other’s hair… she’s also a ton of fun. I’ve only known Molly for 3 years but she is like my right arm. In fact, she’s getting a page on here soon because she does most Hilda projects and adventures with me. Sometimes she’s a photographer, or holds O at goodwill. Other times she’s completely covered in paint and modge podge with me. Both apparently have lists going if what they are hoping to find on Sunday. I’m a big fan of making lists so I started one of my own.
Here’s what I’m looking for:
– Bed frame for guest room – even just the metal rails
– Lamps. Since the guest room, play room and O’s room all lack an overhead light.
– Anything I can dismantle, refinish or reinvent for wall art.
– Functional furnishings- shelf or trunk for toys, an end table.
– Costume jewelry – I want to take apart and upcycle estate pieces for some new looks and to diversify my inventory.